home   |    about us   |    customer service   |    login    |    my cart   |       212-688-9370
Search by Keyword or Item No.    Advanced Search
Hospices de Beaune Volnay 1er Cru Cuvee Blondeau 2012 750ml
Hospices de Beaune Volnay 1er Cru Cuvee Blondeau 2012 750ml

Hospices de Beaune Volnay 1er Cru Cuvee Blondeau 2012 750ml

Pinot Noir from Beaune, Burgundy, France

Cellar/Tasting Notes
Since the fifteenth century, to help their fellow mankind, men and women have bequeathed their property to the Hospices de Beaune, (Hotel Dieu at the time of Nicolas Rolin). The Hospital de Beaune is an established public health facility whose operating rules are identical to those of all public hospitals. The Hospices de Beaune area is so built as a reflection of the generosity of the Burgundians and the multitude of the greatest terroirs of Burgundy.

In 1811, François Blondeau gave the bells of the Hospice de la Charité, which you still hear chiming as you walk along Beaune’s rue de Lorraine. Blondeau restored the church in Volnay, built a school, and gave all his vineyards in Pommard and Volnay so that 5 old people might be cared for, in perpetuity.

Lovers of Volnay will love the inclusion of the First Growths here: Champans and Taille Pieds, planted between 1952 and 1989, make up over 70% of this Cuvée. The Ronceret, planted in 1961, and Mitans, planted between 1955 and 1972, make up the remaining 30% of the Cuvée.

The 2012 Hospices de Beaune wine items are currently pre-order and will arrive Fall 2014.
Additional Information
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Appellation: Beaune
Region: Burgundy
Country: France
Vintage: 2012
Type: Still
Color: Red
Size: 750ML
Item Price: $75.00
Case Price: $900.00
(12 Units)
Email a friend
SKU: 1303066

You might also like ...


Other Morrell Divisions Information Other Morrell Links
Wine Catalog
Morrell Wine Bar & Cafe
Wine Auctions
Vintage Wine Storage
About Morrell & Co
Customer Service
Shipping Policies
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Morrell Wine Institute

Online Payments
We're ShopWiki Approved!

Morrell Wine is Upfront
Copyright 2003-2013 Morrell & Company Wine and Spirits, All Rights Reserved
1 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020 (212) 688 9370